“The world’s thrown into chaos, earthquakes, fires; but that’s fine, you knit your sock.” -Tom Servo



Artistic Update


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Here's an update on my WIP's so far.

Harry Potter Scarf: Got about 27 inches knitted, but there's a problem. The scarf curls in on itself, so instead of looking flat like in the movies, it looks like a semi-round tube. There's a technique that can be done called blocking, which would flatten it out. The problem is that almost every knitting site I've been to said that it would only work on natural yarns, and the yarn I'm doing is acrylic (AKA: Man-made and AKA: plastic). Some sites say that if I pin it flat, then use the steam setting on an iron, and, without touching it, blast it, it'll flatten out. But there's a risk that if I do it too hot or hard, the fabric will melt (no joking.). We'll see how this goes. If I finish it soon enough, and it ends up melting, I could knit another one out in a different stitch where it wouldn't curl. I would've used natural yarn to begin with, but all AcMoore had in the colors I needed were the acrylic yarns.

Ross's Present: Got the supplies, and just began working on it. It's looking good so far.

Rainbow bag: Knitted only a few inches of it, and that took me a couple days because there's so many stitches to it! I have to do two pieces of what I'm working on, then make the sides, straps...this will take awhile.

Drawings in general: I just did some sketches tonight, including a picture I've had in my head for a few days. Reading some "Squee!" and other Jhonen Vasquez comics got me in a drawing mood.

In other news, I saw War of the Worlds...twice! Once on opening night with Man, and again the next day with other Man and Nessa. I loved this movie! The CGI was awesome, and Spielburg knows how to show destruction. There were some things I thought were bad, (how did the kid survive, and how was that guy recording the tripod coming out of the ground?!), but other than that, awesome! I'm even going to see it again when Mom and Dad go. :)


0 Responses to “Artistic Update”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Chicky
  • From United States
  • I'm a college student who loves art, knitting, video games, and other random things.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3