“The world’s thrown into chaos, earthquakes, fires; but that’s fine, you knit your sock.” -Tom Servo



Knitting Questionare


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I was looking through some knitting sites when I found this questionare on someone's knitting blog. I thought it'd be fun to answer it, even though some of the questions you people will have no idea what I'm talking about. ;)

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Right now, I'm just learning how to knit, so I buy the cheaper acrylic yarns. Once I get into it more, and have a bigger budget, I'll get some of the nicer stuff.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I tried crocheting when I was little, but I couldn't get it. Maybe I'll learn sometime, but for now knitting is just fine.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Pets, some perfumes, pollen, ragweed.

4. How long have you been knitting?
Since Jan 2005 I think.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Raspberry, though I do love these hot cocoa scented candles my mom bought me.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Not really. I do like sweet things once in awhile, but most of the time I prefer real food, and not something with a lot of sugar. A lot of Easter and Halloween candy goes uneaten because of that.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I'm very much an artist. My favorite things to do include drawing with pencil and micron pens, and painting with acrylics. I used to do some crafts with my mom, but not so much anymore.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have a variety of tastes, and can generally find something I like in just about every category of music. What I listen to the most is heavy metal, hard rock stuff, like System of a Down, and Static-X. However, I also listen to Kelly Clarkson, Weird Al Yankovic, and just recently I've been listening to They Might Be Giants. And yes, my computer can play MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
The two colors I like the most are black and pink. My preferences for the moment tends to change a lot. When I worked on a self-portrait, I was into the color purple, so that was what I used. When I began my first purse project, I wanted a natural color, so I chose green. Right now, the purse I'm knitting is rainbow colored.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I currently live at home with my family (until August, when I head off for college), and I have one pet; a Shih Tzu/Laso Apso mix named Paddy.

12. What are your life dreams?
To be successful with my artwork, find a nice place for me to live with someone I love, have a great job in an art-related field, and be able to afford my hobbies.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I'm still new to the craft, so I just use the acrylic yarns I bought. Once I get into it more, I'd like to knit with some of the fancier stuff.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
No sure yet.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Purses. I've been knitting purses and headbands for pratice before I begin something bigger.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Don't have a favorite one yet.

17. What are you knitting right now?
A bag from a pattern I found in the book "Stitch 'N Bitch" that is big enough for a sketchbook.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Tried one on once, and found it weird to wear.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Straight, because I haven't tried the circular ones yet.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Aluminum. One of my plastic needles broke on me yesterday, (because I was listening to TMBG, and I was waving the needle in beat with the song. It snapped at the top.)

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Have not tried yet, but will after these projects are complete, and when I get the appropriate needles for it.

22. How did you learn to knit?
I saw an ad for a knitting kit, and bought it. Couldn't figure it out at first, but my mom showed me how to do one basic knit, and I taught myself from there.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
I just finished my UFO, but it was about 2 months old, because I was too busy with school stuff to work on it at the time.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Starscream is my fav animated character, and my favorite animal is the cougar.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween for the costumes, and Christmas because I like how everything feels so calm at that time of year (except during gift shopping o.O)

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Transformers toys. I've got over 100 to 200+ so far.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I've got it preordered, and am going to the midnight madness at Barnes and Noble with my friends to pick it up. I might even knit a scarf just for that. ;)


0 Responses to “Knitting Questionare”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Chicky
  • From United States
  • I'm a college student who loves art, knitting, video games, and other random things.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3