“The world’s thrown into chaos, earthquakes, fires; but that’s fine, you knit your sock.” -Tom Servo



Better be...GRYFFINDOR!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well, I just finished my Gryffindor scarf today! The pattern calls for it to be about 60 inches long, but I knitted it to 52 inches, which is just fine for a small person like me to wear. The sides still do curl on it, which makes it look like a round scarf. It doesn't look bad, actually, but I want to try and flatten it out to look like the scarves in the movies. If you've read the post before, you'll know that I don't want to end up with a melted wreck.

My solution is to knit up a "swatch", which is a small sample of a yarn which knitters make to check the "gauge," or how many stiches are within an inch, or usually 4 inches. I'm going to use an iron to steam that first to see the limits of the yarn. Once I figure that out, I'll try it on the scarf. There's going to be tassels at the ends, but I'm going to wait until it's flat before I put them on.

I'll put a picture of my scarf up later.


0 Responses to “Better be...GRYFFINDOR!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Chicky
  • From United States
  • I'm a college student who loves art, knitting, video games, and other random things.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3