“The world’s thrown into chaos, earthquakes, fires; but that’s fine, you knit your sock.” -Tom Servo



Boba Fett update #1


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I got my helmet! The problem is, I got it about 3-4 days later than I should've. I paid about $13 extra for shipping to get priority 2-3 day shipping. I got it in 5-6 days. :/ Oh well...

Okay, I forgot to take some "before" pictures before I started to work on it, but here's a pic I found online of what it looked like.



















The paint job sucked, the visor was crap and I could only see a little bit out of it, it's not as "wide" as the movie Fett helmet, and I couldn't move the rangefinder up. Somehow Rich got the finder to move up, and he got bored while Chris and I were playing Star Wars Battlefront II, and used a pocketknife and pliers to rip off most of the clear plastic on the visor.

Yesterday, I spent most of the day at the art building. I used a Dremel and cut off the rest of the visor, and sanded off the plastic pieces left on. I also sanded the whole helmet, and the copyright info off the back of the helmet. I spray painted the brown parts of the helmet a burgandy color. That paint took only 15 minutes to dry, but the green paint was regular spray paint, so it is still drying despite me painting it at around 11pm last night. It's dry enough to touch, but I got a little green on my fingers from touching certain places on it. I REALLY want to put the paint damage on it, but I have to wait until the paint is completely dry since I'm not sure if the painter's tape will pull off any paint. The red I'm sure won't come off, but the green...just to be safe, I'm waiting until either tomorrow or sometime later in the week depending on the weather.

The cheek area between the red and the green still needs to be painted, but it looks great so far:















































Once I'm done with the paint job, I'll be putting in the new visor. :D


0 Responses to “Boba Fett update #1”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Chicky
  • From United States
  • I'm a college student who loves art, knitting, video games, and other random things.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3