“The world’s thrown into chaos, earthquakes, fires; but that’s fine, you knit your sock.” -Tom Servo



Halloweeeeeeeeen!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So, a couple days ago was my most favorite holiday of the year: Halloween. The chance to dress up like an idiot and not be questioned (too much), to get candy from strangers for no reason other than saying "Trick or Treat," to go to Haunted Houses, and many many other things that make this holiday awesome.

So, here's how my Halloween weekend and Halloween day was:

Friday we were supposed to play D&D, but we couldn't (again...). Shane said he had to do something that night, so we were going to play on Saturday (little did we know, Rich, the DM and therefore the one who makes the final call on when/if we play, had no idea about this...whoopsie.) Anyways, so Chris (who is part of our D&D group), Phil and I went to dinner at Sbarro's. At Hunt we saw a sign for a free Haunted House and corn maze thingy in Cooperstown. So, we pack into one of the vans being driven back and forth there, and off we went. After a long drive, we got there. It's at the Cooperstown Fun Park, which has an arcade, batting cage, and go-karts, too. First we ran through the corn maze. We mostly cheated and ran off the path, but we got to the other end and back. Next we went into the Haunted House. The best room was one that had a girl on a table begging us to help her, and Leatherface came and sawed off her hand. He flung the hand at Chris and it bounced off his chest, which was wicked funny. Then we raced Go Karts, which the whole time I think all of us pretended we were playing Mario Kart. There was also a "Cinema Scare" thing where it was an interactive movie. We basically sat in the theater while a DVD played and things came out at us (and I tossed one of the rubber spiders thrown at us over my shoulder at the girls behind us. Fun times. :)) Anyways, then we just played arcade games and waited to go back. When I got back I played a couple rounds of Mixed Match on Tetris & Dr. Mario with Phil, then hung out with Rich and Gabe until 5am. The only bad part about this day besides no D&D was that I lost my cell phone in the corn maze. Oh well...

Saturday, alas, no D&D again. Phil came over and he, Briana and I watched The Wizard. Afterwards Phil and I went downtown to Eckard so I can grab some Halloween stuff. Phil was supposed to go out with Gabe and Shane to a party, but plans changed. Phil still wanted to go out though, so I said I'd go with him. I threw together a rediculous costume that consisted of:
-Black t-shirt saying "I'm like a superhero with no powers or motivation."
-White long sleeve shirt underneath.
-Plaid pyjama pants.
-7-up boxers over the pants.
-Combat boots with pants tucked into them.
-Brightly colored beach towel hanging on me like a cape.
-Hair in pigtails.
-Two different pairs of big earrings.
-Tiara
-And lastly, facepaint.
Anyone who has a facebook has seen this picture. When I went upstairs to meet up with Phil and see who else was going with us, Rich opened the door, looked at me funny, said "What the fuck?!", and tried to shut the door in my face. Chris ended up coming with us dressed as a pizza. We at first were waiting for one group of people to go, but they took too long so we just left. We all ended up going to the same house anyways, though. :) We chilled out there for about two hours before we left and came back. Got a sub from Mills, watched a couple episodes of MASH with Rich and Shane, and then I went to bed.

Sunday sucked. There was no D&D again, and for some reason I just wasn't in a good mood to begin with, so I was getting really pissed about this since it that made it the 4th week straight of no D&D. We've only played twice so far this semester. I was tempted to burn my character sheet, but my senses caught up to me before I could get the lighter. I felt really unmotivated, so I basically just sat around all day...

Halloween I planned on running around campus dressed up as a Ghostbuster. I got the costume on, and went to breakfast like that. Unfortunately, my stomach was bothering me, and I got overheated, so in the middle of my Programming class I had to take off the costume. :( So, I ran around my classes in my pj pants, boots, and a black t-shirt. My Women's Studies discussion group was disappointed when I didn't show up in costume, but they understood. After class I went downtown with Abby to get some stuff for her to wear while trick or treating. Then I went to dinner with Phil, Chris, Gabe, and Rob (guy from Hulbert). Afterwards, Shane, Sam (Shane's gf), and Abby joined us, and we went out trick or treating! Here's what we were dressed up as:
-Me: Ghostbuster, complete with inflatable Proton Pack.
-Phil: Luigi
-Chris: Giant Pizza.
-Gabe: Wore Roman armor that he made himself, and it looked AWESOME.
-Shane: Wrapped his bedsheets around him and went as a philosopher.
-Sam: Marylin Monroe
-Abby: Ghost of Christmas Past
-Rob: Mobster.
The first couple houses had nothing, but once we got to one with candy we started getting a lot. Here's a few things that happened:
-A few times when someone said to take one piece of candy, Phil took a handful. :P
-When we were walking away from one house, a guy with a mask who was shuffling along weridly jumps at Gabe, and keeps on shoving up against him while screaming. Gabe was like "wtf?!", and Shane slams the guy away from him and the guy falls into a couple of little girls. There was a stunned moment of "WTF just happened?!" and us laughing about it. Poor Gabe.
-Phil and I getting being told by a woman that we had "such nice parents for getting us these costumes." We didn't mention that we were college sofmores. :P
-Seeing two guys dressed up as boobs...literally.
-Shane chasing after the bus when we tried to get on it and it took off without us. He ran a block before falling to his knees crying "Nooooooo!" Luckily a bus pulled up after that.
-By the time he went back to Hulbert later, Phil had rubbed the black hairspray he had on all over his face, so he looked like a coal miner. :P
Afterwards we hung out upstairs, gave away the candy we didn't like to other people, ordered Dominoes, and played some Smash Bros Melee before we all retired for the evening.

So, all in all, those days were fun (minus Sunday...) And now...CANDY! *eats a tootsie roll*


0 Responses to “Halloweeeeeeeeen!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Chicky
  • From United States
  • I'm a college student who loves art, knitting, video games, and other random things.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3