“The world’s thrown into chaos, earthquakes, fires; but that’s fine, you knit your sock.” -Tom Servo



"I'm Eighteen and I like it..."


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So, yesterday was my eighteenth birthday! :) Yay! I would've written a post yesterday, but I didn't get home until around midnight, so I was too tired to report my day. ;)

Anyways, yesterday morning I went out with my mom and grandpa to the Spot restaurant to legally use the lotto scratch-off tickets for once. ;) The waitresses there and Nick, the owner, were so nice. They even brought out a cream horn, (cream wrapped in dough with frosting and sprinkles on the ends) with a sparkler on top singing "Happy Birthday." The people there are awesome. And, I won $20 on one of the scratch offs.

When I got home, I basically played THUG2 for awhile before I went out to dinner with my family and Ross to Red Lobster. The place was packed, but not as bad as some other places were. Ross gave me his present; a tote bag he painted on with some fabric paint, and a book for me to read on the plane ride to Scotland, "On a Pale Horse." Thank you again, Ross! :)

After that we went home, did the normal birthday things (eat ice cream cake, sing Happy Birthday at 8:13, when I was born, and opened presents.) Then, Ross and I watched The Incredibles, (good movie!), and later went to Subway to hang out with Alina and Bob for awhile. All in all, yesterday was AWESOME!

It's kind of weird. Yesterday morning I did not feel like I was eighteen. But later in the evening, and today, I do. So now, to conclude this journal, I'm putting down the lyrics to the song "I'm Eighteen", originally sung by someone whose name I can't remember, but then Creed did their own version for The Faculty soundtrack. Enjoy!

CREED - I'm Eighteen

Lines form on my face and hands
Lines form from the ups and down
I'm in the middle without any plans
I'm a boy and I'm a man
I'm eighteen and I don't know what I want
Eighteen, I just don't know what I want
Eighteen, I gotta get away
I've gotta get out of this place
I'll go running into outer space
Oh yeah
I've got a baby's brain and an old man's heart
Took eighteen years to get this far
Don't always know what I'm talking about
Feels like I'm in the middle of doubt
Cause I'm
Eighteen, I get confused everyday
Eighteen, I just don't know what to say
Eighteen, I gotta get way
Oh, lines form on my face and hands
Lines form on the left and right
I'm in the middle, the middle of life
I'm a boy and I'm a man
I'm eighteen and I like it
Yes I like it
Well, I like it, love it, like it, love it
Eighteen, eighteen eighteen
I'm eighteen and I Like it

B)


1 Responses to “"I'm Eighteen and I like it..."”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Your Welcome. That song was an old alice cooper song if I remember correctly.Anyways yesterday was fun hope to see you sometime soon.

    Sincerely,
    Ross

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Chicky
  • From United States
  • I'm a college student who loves art, knitting, video games, and other random things.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3