“The world’s thrown into chaos, earthquakes, fires; but that’s fine, you knit your sock.” -Tom Servo




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well, I just came back from one of the most awesome weekends. :)

On Friday, my dad and I left for an almost 6 hour drive to Vermont so I could visit a certain ukulele player at camp. The beginning of our trip wasn't so bad. I worked on making my sock, and drove for a little bit. I have to say, the scenery in Vermont is beautiful. The sky is clearer than Binghamton, less clouds, and the hills were gorgeous! It seems like a place I want to live, despite having to drive for quite awhile to get anywhere.

Anyways, we made it to the hotel, had dinner at Applebee's (where I spilled a whole glass of Sprite on my pants. Real classy, huh? ;) ), and then headed off to find Camp Aloha Hive. We made it to the right town, but my dad got the directions to the wrong camp. One of the directors pointed us in the right direction, but we still had to stop and ask a few more people where to go. A trip that should've taken 30 minutes took and hour and a half. I was getting pretty frustraited, but all of it melted away when we got to the right camp, and Ross was standing in the window, waiting for me. :)

I spent that night hanging out with him, meeting his coworkers, and relaxing. He got his birthday presents from me then, and the t-shirt I made, saying "What would you do for a free t-shirt?", was a big hit not only with him, but with everyone else at camp. Ross surprised me with some funky earrings he got for me, which I enjoyed wearing that weekend.

Anyways, the next morning we met up at the camp, and went out for breakfast at a local diner. Then, we drove around for a little while, admiring the scenery, and singing to some They Might Be Giants. We stopped in the town of Hanover, the college town for Dartmouth college, and walked around the town. He picked up the third Harry Potter book, I found another pair of earrings for my collection, and we just browsed around. We saw a couple of other counselors, including his friend Loni, and then went to Molly's Restaurant for lunch. I didn't eat much, but we did have fun drawing all over the big paper they put across the tables.

After finding out that Hanover police are prejudice against New York drivers, we went searching for a mini golf course. We found one, which was like the one down by the Giant, except a little more fun, and with more water hazards. I almost won, but the king of Mini Golf still holds his crown...

Afterwards, we just drove around some more. We stopped at a fair and art gallery for a little bit, then headed down to the other camp he works at, Horizons. He showed me around, and we played a game of PIG at the basketball courts. Then, we grabbed some ice cream, and drove to another town to just walk around. We went back to Aloha Hive around the time the kids had to go to bed, and sat on the back porch behind the kitchen, watching the bats flying around and the sun set over the water. We talked, and just sat there together, enjoying each other's company. It was very peaceful, and I wished I lived there, just to be able to do that everyday. We decided to relocate after a bat nearly hit us both.

A little while later, we headed to Aloha Camp to attend something for Counselors and Alumni. We tried just parking the car at the other camp and walking it, but we decided to go back for the car later. I enjoyed the walk though. :) We stayed at the party for a little bit, and then had to leave around 11:30 so I'd be back at the hotel by 12. And that was my day.

Today was just my dad and I going home, so nothing exciting there.

I have to say, this weekend made my summer. I didn't realize just how much I would miss him when summer began, but just being able to see him again definately lifted my spirits. I was also thrilled to hear what a wonderful time he is having working at the camp, and it was very nice to see that he was doing something he's enjoying for the summer. He'll be coming back on the 19th, so I'm looking forward to being able to see him again before I leave for college.


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Chicky
  • From United States
  • I'm a college student who loves art, knitting, video games, and other random things.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3