“The world’s thrown into chaos, earthquakes, fires; but that’s fine, you knit your sock.” -Tom Servo



Next Gen Game Consoles (AKA: Sorry Sony...)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So, as most of you know, I love my Playstation 2. I love my Final Fantasy games on it, and I love a lot of my Playstation games. We may have an XBox, but I only play it for Halo 2, and we don't own a Gamecube. Naturally you'd think I'd be jumping up and down excited to get a Playstation 3, especially with the announcements of Final Fantasy XII and XIII.

Well, it looks like I'll be passing up on the PS3 for a long time. Why?

A.) The damn thing costs over $600 for the GOOD package. The basic core package, which has very little in it, costs $500.

B.) The games will cost $70. I hate paying $50 for games, and 20 bucks tacked on to the pricetag doesn't help.

C.) $600?!

D.) There are rumors that the PS3 will have a system on it where when you first play a game on it, it'll read a code off the disk, and that disk will become only playable for that system. This means no used games, and no borrowing games or lending them out to people. Also, if your PS3 breaks down (which a lot of Playstations have the tendency to do apparently), you're S.O.L. with playing the games you have, and would have to buy new ones to play them again. It's still a rumor, but Sony did recently patent this technology, so who knows...

E.) $600!!!!

So, yeah, I might be passing up on the PS3 for quite some time. I wasn't planning on getting it right away until the latest Final Fantasy game came out for PS3, but still...my PS2 is working fine, so whatever. I found my PS2 slim to be expensive at almost $130. So, if there's any next-generation console I'll be getting anytime soon, it's going to be the more reasonable Nintendo Wii, which is $200 because Nintendo is, I dunno, SMART! (Plus for Super Smash Brothers Brawl and the very fun game Mario Kart: Double Dash for Gamecube. I blame Phil for having me play and end up loving that game.)

The end, and now back to knitting my dice bag, which I realized yesterday is going to be the same colors as my college colors. Yay, Red Dragons! :)


0 Responses to “Next Gen Game Consoles (AKA: Sorry Sony...)”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Chicky
  • From United States
  • I'm a college student who loves art, knitting, video games, and other random things.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3