“The world’s thrown into chaos, earthquakes, fires; but that’s fine, you knit your sock.” -Tom Servo



Getting my Final Fantasy fix...sort of.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well, now I can stop feeling my Final Fantasy withdrawals. Yesterday while I was at the mall I found a SNES game called "Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest." After squealing with glee over finding something Final Fantasy that I could play without my Playstation, I bought it (along with "Zombies Ate My Neighbors"...no I have no idea what that game is like, but the title sounded funny. :) ) I played it for a little bit last night, and I have to say...it's an easy game. The summary for it on the web even says so;

"Designed for American gamers as an RPG for younger players in the days when RPGs were still a niche genre, this was a much simpler and less epic RPG than Final Fantasy fans are used to. A much more challenging version was released in Japan with improvements in difficulty and complexity (making this the first and so far only FF title -- not including the movie, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within -- to debut outside of Japan.)
It features simplified controls with easy menus and little customization for weapons and items, plus occasional NPC buddies that join your party and assist in battle."

And as a FF fan, I can say that's true. This game is so easy to figure out! The magic you don't have to "learn" like in FFIX or FFX. You just pick up a book, and voila! You've learned "Quake!" The only disappointing thing is that there are no "random encounters." (For those non-FF-l33t, random encounters are where you're just walking along, and a monster or four randomly appears to fight.) The monsters are just standing around on the map, and you have to go up to them to fight. So, there's less surprise in this game. Not much of a plot either so far. You're job is to find the four crystals, and defeat the dark King. Whoopdeedoo.

Oh and the main character's name is Benjamin...seriously, you do get to chose the name, but according to all the gaming sites, that's his real name.

Cloud, Zidane, Tidus, those are cool names for a Final Fantasy hero.

Benjamin? Whatever...

That's my nerd ranting for the day, now if you excuse me, I'm off to attempt to beat what could be the only Final Fantasy game I'll ever finish within the next 3 years. ;)


0 Responses to “Getting my Final Fantasy fix...sort of.”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Chicky
  • From United States
  • I'm a college student who loves art, knitting, video games, and other random things.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3