“The world’s thrown into chaos, earthquakes, fires; but that’s fine, you knit your sock.” -Tom Servo



Just some random updates.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I just got back from my first day of working at JCPenney. I worked about 4 hours, and it wasn't too bad. I learned a lot, talk to my "buddy" (person who helps me train) about Oneonta and other things, and just had a good time. My back kind of hurt afterwards because I wasn't used to standing for hours on end, but other than that, it went well.

Other random updates:

1.) Went to see Billy Joel in Syracuse as a B-Day present from Man. OMGSOFUCKINGAWESOME!!!! :D Yeah, if there is ever one concert anyone should see, it's his.

2.) The Residence Life and Housing office at Oneonta State can just burn in hell. Seriously.

We have to go online and put ourselves into open spots in rooms with people we don't know anything about. At least when we were freshman we were roomed with people with the same cleaning and sleeping habits. This time, people like me who know no one to room with (one friend is living in a double, two are leaving, and the other is a guy), are stuck with blindly choosing a room and hoping for the best. But it has just been problem-filled for me with it though:

First dorm: A quad in the hall my friend is in right now. My roommate would be a senior, and the quadmates juniors. I signed up last night for this room, and today I got an IM from my roommate. She asked if I could move to a different room, because someone they knew was transferring to our school and was going to live with them. Okay, no problem, I take a room down the hall.

Second dorm: All current sofmores. Hours later I get two IMs and a phone call about my roommate, saying that she applied to have her part of the quad as a single room, and told me I had no room. Grrrr.

I am currently in my third dorm in a different hall, and when I signed up there were two other people, so there was one spot open. Well, someone came as my roomie, and one of my quad mates changed. Well, my new quadmate, who signed up after me, asked if I would mind leaving so that her friend who was transferring could room with her. After being moved twice already, and the fact I was there first, I told her no. She's currently not in my dorm anymore.

So yeah, if anyone has any leftover easter eggs, mail it to the Oneonta residence life office. Preferably when it is rotted. ;)

3.) In retaliation to my last post, I'm switching my major. When I thought about it, I realized I wouldn't enjoy art as a career. So I'm sticking with it as a hobby, minoring in it and taking whatever classes I want, and changing to Computer Science as my major. I'm pretty excited, since I love math. This is funny though, because my 12th grade honors math teacher tried to convince me to go for a math degree. Guess I should email him and be like "Hey, guess what?!" ;P

Plus, I can work on whatever drawing, painting, or knitting project I want without thinking "I should really get to work on a portfolio..." or feeling guilty because of that thought.

4.) Mexican Train is seriously a wicked fun game. I want one. :)

5.) Our last day of Team Trivia was a couple Wednesdays ago. The grand prize this time wasn't a $25 gift card to Sbarro's like it usually is, but the "Trivia Master" was able to get tickets to the David Letterman show, and the winning team was guarenteed tickets and a free bus ride. Our team didn't win, but he also had extra tickets and a waiting list, and he drew out random names to give out the remaining tickets. So, Nessa, Michele and I are going on a free bus trip to Letterman!

Okay, so I don't watch it, but I'm excited. Free bus trip to NYC and tickets that take months to get? Sweet! :D

Uh, yeah, that's it for now.


0 Responses to “Just some random updates.”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Chicky
  • From United States
  • I'm a college student who loves art, knitting, video games, and other random things.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3